Good morning ZROC!
Last night, several of our members went to the Capital Area Humane Society (their name has now changed to Columbus Humane) to present them with the check donation from our 1st Annual Charity Car Show! Once everything was said and done, the show raised $992.94 dollars through the water sales, registration for the car show, raffle prizes, and the very generous donation of our 50/50 raffle winner. We also had one stand out member, Randy Lynn, who not only donated [$50] prior to the show [thinking he wouldn’t be able to make the show], but registered his car on the day of for the show [$20], as well as gave an ADDITIONAL donation to CAHS during the show [$50].
Members of the board took a vote prior to the show and decided that ZROC itself was going to donate additional money, on top of what we raised from the show. This allowed us to make a final donation in the amount of $1500 to the Capital Area Humane Society/Columbus Humane!
A couple additional quick thanks:
- Everyone who attended, shared and/or promoted the show – we couldn’t have done it without your support
- CPMM Services Group, Inc. for donating banners, registration placards and employee time for projects relating to the car show
- The raffle prize donors: Bernadette Padavana, Pet People, AutoZone & Georgesville Nissan/Joe Federer/Nissan [and Joe Landon who added a little something extra to the Nissan gift bag!]
- Jori’s Catering & Concessions for the delicious food
- Matt Childers, the DJ/emcee for our event
- The Capital Area Humane Society/Columbus Humane volunteers who brought some adoptable dogs to the show – as of last night, Gizmo was still availble (click here for more info on her)!
One final note: the date for the end of year meeting has changed! The original date on the Event Schedule was Nov 11, but OSU has a home game that day. We have now moved the end of year meeting to November 4th. Please stay tuned here and on Facebook for additional details.
Until next time ZROCers…