- We have a new VP of Dealer Relations – Brian Bivens!
- The payment deadline for dues is February 28th. If you pay by the end of January (via check/cash to Ryan Augenstein, or PayPal), you will be mailed your two cling/vinyl stickers with the new logo.
- A single membership is $30, a family membership is $35.
- We will have a finalized version of the event schedule by the end of January. It will be posted on Facebook, here on the website, and a PDF will be sent via email.
- We are in the process of getting an apparel website put together. Once this is ready to go, information will be sent via email, linked here on the website and on Facebook.
- If you’re going to ZDayZ (and I know a lot of you have registered already!), our goal this year is to have as much participation in the 5k/10k as possible – it’d be really awesome if we could have the greatest club participation there – so please sign up! The money goes to a great cause and it will be one more way to show that ZROC is AWESOME!
Good evening ZROC! I apologize for the delay in getting a post up here, it’s been a busy couple of weeks! Two weekends ago, November 4th, we had our end of year luncheon at the Winking Lizard at Crosswoods. We had a GREAT turnout of people – family, really – coming together to reminisce on the past year and the many great times we’ve had so far, as well as the many good times we will continue to have as we finish out 2017 and roll into 2018.
For those of you who couldn’t attend, we briefly talked about the amazing things we’ve done this season [our 1st Charity Car Show, some great drives, etc], as well as discussed some of the future events we’ve got in the works. You also should have received some sort of communication [via email, Facebook or on here!] regarding the end of the season questionnaire. If you haven’t already, please be sure to complete this survey so we can find out what our members think about the club/events and can plan accordingly in the future.
Click here if you still need to complete the questionnaire: 2017 End of Season Questionnaire
We also announced our 2017 Member of the Year, Jessica Padavana!
[shown below with VP of Dealer Relations: Gabe Coss (L), and President: Tom Marshall (R)]
Shelby Wofford was kind enough to bring his camera and got some really great pictures of the celebrations of a great season. We also have some member-submitted photos, too! You can check those pictures out here: Event/Club Photos
The year isn’t over just yet, so even though the cars might be going into hibernation, we want to keep the ZROC family together for just a bit longer before 2017 wraps up! Our next [and probably final for 2017] event is Saturday December 2nd for the 2nd Annual COY Christmas Party. If you’ve never been, try to get it on your calendar and join us at the Padavana household for some good food, great drinks and even better people! It’s a great time, I can promise you that much!
Hope to see you all there!
Good morning ZROC!
Last night, several of our members went to the Capital Area Humane Society (their name has now changed to Columbus Humane) to present them with the check donation from our 1st Annual Charity Car Show! Once everything was said and done, the show raised $992.94 dollars through the water sales, registration for the car show, raffle prizes, and the very generous donation of our 50/50 raffle winner. We also had one stand out member, Randy Lynn, who not only donated [$50] prior to the show [thinking he wouldn’t be able to make the show], but registered his car on the day of for the show [$20], as well as gave an ADDITIONAL donation to CAHS during the show [$50].
Members of the board took a vote prior to the show and decided that ZROC itself was going to donate additional money, on top of what we raised from the show. This allowed us to make a final donation in the amount of $1500 to the Capital Area Humane Society/Columbus Humane!
A couple additional quick thanks:
- Everyone who attended, shared and/or promoted the show – we couldn’t have done it without your support
- CPMM Services Group, Inc. for donating banners, registration placards and employee time for projects relating to the car show
- The raffle prize donors: Bernadette Padavana, Pet People, AutoZone & Georgesville Nissan/Joe Federer/Nissan [and Joe Landon who added a little something extra to the Nissan gift bag!]
- Jori’s Catering & Concessions for the delicious food
- Matt Childers, the DJ/emcee for our event
- The Capital Area Humane Society/Columbus Humane volunteers who brought some adoptable dogs to the show – as of last night, Gizmo was still availble (click here for more info on her)!
One final note: the date for the end of year meeting has changed! The original date on the Event Schedule was Nov 11, but OSU has a home game that day. We have now moved the end of year meeting to November 4th. Please stay tuned here and on Facebook for additional details.
Until next time ZROCers…
ZROC held our first (hopefully annual) charity car show yesterday at Georgesville Nissan and it was a HUGE success. We started the day off with 37 pre-registered cars, and ended up at 50+ cars once everything was said and done. We raised over $1200 for the Capital Area Humane Society through registrations, bottled water donations and some awesome raffle prizes. We will be presenting CAHS a check very soon so stay tuned for updates on that!
Take a look at some of the pictures below and feel free to add your own!
Thanks to everyone who participated yesterday to make this is a great event. A couple special shout outs:
- Joe Federer (and all the other staff) at Georgesville Nissan for both donating raffle prizes and helping us put on this amazing show
- Jori’s Catering & Concessions for providing yummy food for everyone – we heard great reviews from people about the food!
- The Capital Area Humane Society volunteers who brought some adoptable dogs to the show
- Pet People, Auto Zone & Bernadette Padavana for donating raffle prizes
- Matt, our DJ and MC for the show
- Brandon Samples – for donating back the 50/50 raffle prize money to the Capital Area Humane Society!
Until next time Z Fam…
Hi ZROC! Sorry for the delay in getting this post up – it’s been a crazy July! ZROC had a lot of fun things going on in July. Check out the rest of this post to see some of the events we had!
First we started off with some rooftop garage pre-gaming and then went to the Clippers game (July 8, 2017). Check out a picture of the group below!
A couple weeks later, we had the Arthritis Foundation Car Show. We had a VERY good turn out of cars [we had 20+ cars there!] and the weather was beautiful – a bit warm, but sunshine and clear skies all day long.
More pictures from both events can be seen here.
Up next: 555 Drive on August 19th. Details can be found on the ZROC Facebook page and they will be sent out via email as well.
Also, be sure to check out the details for our 1st Annual Charity Car Show. Information is on Facebook and you can also find details here. Registration is limited so get registered today!
Until next time ZROC…
This past weekend, ZROC showed (yet again) how we roll. We had 25 cars at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course on Sunday June 25th for the Vintage Grand Prix.
Several members departed from Delaware headed to Lexington, Ohio to meet up with other members who were already there or took their own routes to get there. We parked our cars and instantly it was obvious what club was present – ZROC of course! As one of the staff members said to us, “Oh, you’re with ZROC – you guys always bring really great numbers to this event!” This is one of those events that is on our annual schedule and will always be on the calendar.
It was a great day spent watching some racing – and supporting our own ZROC racer, Lowell Marx #50 – enjoying the weather when it wasn’t chilly and windy, and having a delicious potluck lunch of burgers, hot dogs and LOTS of dessert options! Thanks to ZROC for providing the hot dogs and burgers for the club!
Let’s not forget the greatest part of the day – when we found out that ZROC got the “Best Club” Award again. Thanks to our members who come out to this event year after year. We wouldn’t get awards like this if it weren’t for our wonderful ZROC family!
Check out some pictures from the races and other events we’ve had here. And don’t forget about some of our upcoming events – Columbus Clippers Game & Fireworks, The Arthritis Foundation Car Show & many more through the rest of the year!
Until next time…